brazilbean

Julio's Global South Travel 2005-2006. This e-space exists so that I can keep my friends and family informed. Also, it is for you to participate in my experiences by providing comments, ideas, and cheers.

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Safe in India

Dear all,

I know all of you know I am im Mumbai, but I just wanted to make extra sure that you know I am safe. The security in major cities, like Mumbai, has increased at transportation and tourist sites. The media talk about Delhi like Bush. "This is a tragedy, but the shops are open again and we need to celebrate Divali (sp), the Hindu new year." Otherwise they cannot share any of the investigations currently happening.

I also wanted to let you know that I will leave Mumbai today. I was already planning on going to Pune, a smaller town, but I am even more resolved now. I think it will be a safer idea to be in Pune from the 1-5 of November just in case more attacks occur, which is likely since Divali is on the 1 or 2nd. In any event, here is my schedule, just in case.

Today (31) leave on a 3 hour train to Pune. In Pune 1-5 (or 6), back to Mumbai on the 7th for Tricia's arrival on the 8th.

Lots of hugs to all,

Julio

"Into the Woods to Find the Giant..."
www.brazilbean.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home