brazilbean

Julio's Global South Travel 2005-2006. This e-space exists so that I can keep my friends and family informed. Also, it is for you to participate in my experiences by providing comments, ideas, and cheers.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

OSHO (Day 2-3)

I am so tired. Everything I have chosen to do has one of 10 aspects of dancing or violently moving ones body. This morning I was up at 5:30am for DYNAMIC MEDITATION, a process that changes every 12 minutes from violent body shaking and crazy power breathing, to scream therapy, to jumping up and down while landing on your heels and saying who, who, who, to standing still, to dancing for an total of an hour. By 7am I was drenched is sweat and TOTALLY AWAKE. This followed last night's DANCE PARTY with trans and other types of music. And, I need to write this email quickly so that I can make it to WORLD DANCE from 11-12pm, a daily dance meditation exercise. I will also do some silent meditation today. I think.

The last two days have been an absolute blast, and I can tell you, as I have told you before, that once again, the people have made it so. The four of us - Etimati, Samantha and Kushal have done everything together. Whirling, dancing, breathing, and more dancing and laughing, laughing and laughing. I have laughed so much the last two days. Between Samantha's wonderfully authentic giggle about everything, the beautiful contradictions of Kushal's humble personality coupled with his star moments, and Etimati's endless energy and amazingly intense sense of place and humor I have just had a dandy time.

Oh yes, last night we did the White Robe Ceremony (the one with the Osho's digital head) and we screamed KUSHAL, KUSHAL, JULIO too. It was a riot and we nearly got kicked out of the hall since we also did group aerobics, which is big no no. It was a blast and was only topped by our entrance into the dance floor where everyone was transing. We were like, trans, move over, style and grace are walking in. We salsaed (there was a latin song on) in and had blast.

We also made a movie and took lots of fun pictures. Kushal, who is Kushal Panjabi, in case you want to look him up (http://web.mid-day.com/hitlist/2005/april/107336.htm), should send it to us soon. We are all going to Bombay on Sunday to celebrate Sammy's birthday and dance our butts off some more.

Ok, that's it for now. Nicole, are you getting a taste of this?

"Into the Woods to Find the Giant..."
www.brazilbean.net

1 Comments:

  • At 8:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh jules, yes, I am most definitely getting a sense of it. Che craziness! It makes Kripalu seem so sane (almost). It almost seems like a cross between a cult and a "Buddhist" Theme Park ...

    So I guess y'all don't sit around and read Osho's Tarot cards all day?

    xoxonicole

     

Post a Comment

<< Home