brazilbean

Julio's Global South Travel 2005-2006. This e-space exists so that I can keep my friends and family informed. Also, it is for you to participate in my experiences by providing comments, ideas, and cheers.

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Light Up My Fire

Thai Cuisine.  What can I say?  It's amazing.  It has not surpassed my love for Italian food yet, but damn, does it come close.  Nicole and I are mirroring Vicky's and my Vietnam trip.  That means we are having a gastronomical tour of Thailand's Chang Mai cuisine.  We eat everything around.

Our love for food is based on one central theory.  STREET FOOD ROCKS!  We have not eaten in a restaurant for about 10 days now.  We walk around market looking for the best looking everything.  We eat sweets, appetizers, main dishes, everything in site.  We are currently committed to a young woman and her brother.  They have food stand near where we are staying and we go there every night.  We look at what she is making for other people, then order it for ourselves.  In many cases we have had 3 meals between the two of us, just so we would try more things.

Of course, one cannot truly experience Thai cuisine without chillies.  Both of our paletes have discovered a new world.  It is called the world of HOT, HOT, HOT. It is amazing what chilli peppers can do to a dining experience.  You bite into them and WWWWWWAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOO, you are immeditately transported into a whole other world of emotions, tastes, and you go to you edge and back.  WOW.  As you know from the previous email, we have discovered that with a cold Chang Beer, it is even more amazing.  We love it.

Important note.  Thai say that the power of chilli peppers is that it is experiences in three main ways: when you eat it, in your stomach, and yes, the next day.  Everyday now we experience the ring of fire.  Using the restroom the day after I had 19 chilli peppers was an enlightning experience.  For several moments I was one with the world.  It was like my own Buddha had appeared.  Amazing.

So, off to eat more.  We are going to the Sunday market and we have not eaten all day so that we could spend the next several hours trying out new things.

Cheers!

 



"Into the Woods to Find the Giant..."
www.brazilbean.net


4 Comments:

  • At 6:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
    »

     
  • At 6:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
    »

     
  • At 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
    »

     
  • At 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home