brazilbean

Julio's Global South Travel 2005-2006. This e-space exists so that I can keep my friends and family informed. Also, it is for you to participate in my experiences by providing comments, ideas, and cheers.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Thailand: Ko Phan Gan

I am on the beach, in the island that is famous for FULL MOON PARTIES. If you saw the movie "THE BEACH" with Leo DeCaprio you saw Ko Phan Gan. It exists totally to serve tourists. The entire island is not developed, but Hadrin where I am, is shop, to shop, to restaurant down each street. OK, there are only about 12 streets. So, relatively it is small, but busy, and for now, fun and with access to very, very expensive cappucinos.

It is 11:49pm and I got up at 7am to go to the beach. I also have to wake up at 3:45am to go to a Half Moon Party that started at 10pm. It have learned now that raves are best starting at 4am. By that point all the drunk people are gone and only the "true" ravers stay until noon of the next day, and then go to the after party that goes from noon until 5am of the 3rd day. Yes, yes, the important things I am learning in my travels.

Suffice to say to all of you who know and love me, everyone thinks I am a total drug addicts. Why? I apparently dance crazier than most people and with a lot more energy. Folks were asking what I was on the other night. It was funny. ***So that I am totally transparent I had had 2 Red Bulls. (These are soft drinks with tarine, a thing like caffeine, but stronger). They are not a drug, but rather an "energy drink" (love the FDA, love them). The byline for Red Bulls is - It Gives You Wings!*** For now I am enjoying this. It is not where I want to stay, but my friend Magda is here and we are having fun together. She leaves tomorrow and I will leave after my massage series ends.

Massage series? Is he studying massage? You ask. Well, not so much. See, Nicole who many of you know is a massage therapist and a close friend (www.equilibriomassage.com) suggested I have a thai massage a day for several days to feel the effects of it. And, I told Drew and Mindy and Melissa and Levi that I would have massages dedicated to them. So, 3 days ago I started my week series. I am committed to having a thai massage a day for 7 days. These occur after the sunset and my shower and before dinner. Today it was augumented with a lunch massage - a full 1 hour coconut oil, deep tissue massage. Look, my mom taught me never to take on the 10:30am-2pm sun and I have to do SOMETHING to pass the time. Tomorrow I am going to try the 1 hour foot massage since I will be dancing all night.

Other than the massage my days have consisted of coffee, beach, beach, beach, beach, coffee and, well, that's it really. LOTS OF WATER TOO. Oh yes, dancing in the middle of the night and spending time with Magda. I am having a nice time. Hehe. At this time I plan on staying here for the next 4 days to finish my massage series and then go north to a deserted beach.

SOME NEWS and WARNINGS:

TOP OF THE NEWS: RENY IS COMING!!! YAHOOOOO!!! SHE ARRIVES February 24, until March 7.

WARNINGS:
--The biggest Thai LGBT Festival is happening in Phuket in 3 days and I am NOT going. So please don't say things like - You were in Thailand and did not experience Gay Pride there? How could you? I will answer it now. Simple. I don't feel like it.

--The islands near where I am are world, galacticly famous for diving and reefs. I have not signed up for a course and don't intend to. The term used here is "dive slave" because people are so into it. So, when I return don't say things like - You were in Thailand and did not experience diving there? How could you? I will answer it now. Simple. I don't feel like it.

--The rocks near where I am are world, galacticly famous for climbers. I have not signed up for a course and don't intend to. So, when I return don't say things like - You were in Thailand and did not experience rock climbing there? How could you? I will answer it now. Simple. I don't feel like it.

That's it. I, of course, may change my mind about all of the above since I am here for 5 weeks, but in case I don't... Oh yes, not changing my mind about the gays. They are nice and all, and I even miss them so, but I am not getting on a 10 hour bus ride for anyone. Plus, I don't know how to be on long bus rides without Tricia anymore.

And, in case you did not know DREWZIE and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary on the 27th over the internet with video and voice overs. Very cool. Mindy even joined us. So, get YAHOOMESSENGER and we can see and talk to each other too!!!

Love,

Julio

"Into the Woods to Find the Giant..."
www.brazilbean.net

1 Comments:

  • At 6:32 PM, Blogger Juliegoose said…

    Please do some dancing for the Chang and I! (We recently did some local booty-shaking for you :)

    Also, the beach/coffee/massage environment you describe makes California sound like the seventh level of hell. Please send telelpathic waves of your experience directly to our brains when you get the chance.

    muchos besos--Julie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home