brazilbean

Julio's Global South Travel 2005-2006. This e-space exists so that I can keep my friends and family informed. Also, it is for you to participate in my experiences by providing comments, ideas, and cheers.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Arrival

I reached Vietnam on the 6th of January. I left India on the 5th of January at night and had a very, very sad good-bye with Drewzie. My departure included a 1.5 hour wait after I said goodbye to Drew. I was stuck and could not go out to see him. It also included me looking like a fool crying my little eyes once I set on the plane. Leaving Drewzie and India all at the same time was tough. The power of India stays with you and saying goodbye to your boyfriend after not seeing him for 3 months, spending 24 hours a day with him for 4 weeks and knowing you will not see him for a month is VERY HARD!!!And, it was also what I set out to do and so off I went...

The first leg was 3 hours from Delhi to Bangkok and then 2 hours to Hanoi. I walked around the Bangkok airport, hung out with the airforce folks going to Iraq at my gate, and worked on some SUDOKU. Not very exciting, but I had to pass the time.

Vicky was waiting for me when I arrived. She had been there the morning before for 6 hours, thinking I was coming on the 5th. It was very sad, a misunderstanding on dates. It was so nice to arrive to someone ina new country. It was so nice to see Vicky, someone so so so dear to my heart and someone I seldom get to spend time with. We got on a taxi and we were off to Hanoi.

Hanoi next...

"Into the Woods to Find the Giant..."
www.brazilbean.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home