brazilbean

Julio's Global South Travel 2005-2006. This e-space exists so that I can keep my friends and family informed. Also, it is for you to participate in my experiences by providing comments, ideas, and cheers.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

OSHO Closing

It's been a few days since I left OSHO now. I have been in Bombay waiting for Tricia who is now sitting beside me on a computer. YEAH!

The last couple of days a OSHO were great. Thankfully Sammy decided to stay longer and we got a chance to do some more breathing and crazy dancing. She then left on Friday and Atimati and I stayed until Sunday to dance some more and to meditate. It was nice as I got a groove going on letting go of my class analysis and focus on what the meditation techniques had to offer. And yes, the pool made the experience better too.

The best part about OSHO was laughing meditation (LM), an unforgettable experience which I wish all of you could have been there for. As it was, Atimati and I had a blast. It is important to remember that all that Sammy, Kushal, Atimati and I did for several days was laugh. We kind of became the laughing pod at OSHO. At one point we would laugh and a table beside us would imitate or join in. It was truly infectious. So, going to LM was natural, or so we thought. The instructor asked all 100+ of us to join her for directions. She started and immediately Atimati and I started laughing non-stop. The instructor laughed too and explained that she was happy we were ready. As she went through instructions, we laughed.

The instructions or laugther meditation are:
A) 30 minutes of non-stop laughter. The laughter should come from inside, but you can sometimes look at other people.
B) 15 minutes of lying flat on the floor, face down, and feeling the power of the earth (or of OSHO's marble floor).
c) 15 minutes of free flow - yes - dancing. This was done to keltic music. Odd, but cool.

She said go and we were off. Atimati and I were naturally laughing, and thinking - what the hell are we doing? We laughed so hard we could not stand up. At one point I bowed down because my stomach was hurting and banged my head on the marble floor. It hurt, but I could do nothing but laugh, and Atimati pointed and laughed at me. Then, she kept trying to get herself up against the wall, but never succeeded, a fact that made me laugh a lot. Finally, we could not stop laughing at the man who laughed and massaged his jaw at the same time because it hurt, the usually quiet man who laughed and jumped up and down while his belly wen boing, boing and he let out girly yeps, yeps, or the many people who were seemingly calm when we saw them on the grounds of OSHO and were now loosing it. It was great, great medicine.

After a few more dance mediations and a dance party and a farewell world dance event Atimati and I packed up and left for Mumbai to celebrate Sammy's birthday. This was Atimati's first India outing (she went from the airport to OSHO) and a wonderful time to witness her discoveries of the crazy and wonderful India.

In the end I truly enjoyed my time at OSHO. Again, I stopped the chatter in my head and just took part in the things that made me happy, that made me feel like I was generating my energies. I still think he is a capitalist and have hundreds of objections to the way the center is administered, and westernization, etc, but some battles I want to use my energies for and others I need to let go of, for a great good, that good, being my own.

"Into the Woods to Find the Giant..."
www.brazilbean.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home