brazilbean

Julio's Global South Travel 2005-2006. This e-space exists so that I can keep my friends and family informed. Also, it is for you to participate in my experiences by providing comments, ideas, and cheers.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Pictures: Cotopaxi y mas...

This weekend we made it to Cotopaxi, the tallest volcano in the world. We made it pretty far up, and then we mountain biked over 20K down the monstrosity. Take a look at http://www.bikingdutchman.com/one.htm#cotopaxi for more on the details. It was outstanding. I think I almost cracked my head open a few times, but I ended up some place between the pedals and G-d, which means I made it in one piece. Ok, there were a couple of "planned falls" into sand mounds, but that was it. Will write more in a bit...I want to focus on putting up some photos today...

FIRE: View from Carlo-s terrace at sunset.















CARLO Y YO: In the midst of our downhill riding.















IN THE HEAVENS: Near the top of Cotopaxi. We were at the Refugio, 4800.















MONSTER: A beautiful and frightening view of this creation.















LA MALA EDUCACION: My two favorite teaches at school. They have taught me how to speak with respect, and made sure that I did not use "tirar fotos" but rather "tomar fotos." Tirar, well, means to do the deed in some way. They, and I, did not want to me to be asking the wrong thing from people on the street. Note that in Portuguese tirar does work for fotos, and tomar can work for, well, other things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home